Do you know an outstanding student or professional who deserves to be recognized for work and effort this past year? At the 2018 KAHO Conference (October 4-5, 2018 hosted at the University of Louisville), KAHO will be recognizing the recipients of the KAHO Annual Awards, Service Awards, and Scholarships
More details about each annual award, service award, and scholarship can be found below and in the KAHO Constitution. To nominate yourself or another individual for an annual award, service award, or scholarship, please complete this form – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeIrXve0QFdN-TNL3KyFdNFO15n9lxIoLmIUsbLMXUcJecgwA/viewform?c=0&w=1
Nominations/Submissions for Annual Awards, Service Awards, and/or Scholarships should be submitted by Saturday, September 15, 2018.
Questions about any of these awards or scholarships can be directed to Dr. Anthony White, President-Elect and Chair of the Award/Recognition Committee, at email@example.com.
- Ruth Ann Howard Service Award – Awarded for outstanding service to KAHO and their institution(s). Service to KAHO includes but is not limited to: service on the Governing Council, serving on the Host committee of a KAHO sponsored conference, publishing in the SEAHO Report, performance which has merited other awards in the state previously, etc. Recipients should have worked within the state for at least three years.
- KAHO Unbridled Spirit Award – Awarded for significant and lasting contribution and service to his or her institution while embodying an unbridled spirit in service for the betterment of his or her institution, state, region, or the profession in general. Recipients should have a demonstrated record of service as a positive change‐agent in service to their students, colleagues, and peers.
- New Professional Award – Awarded to one recipient for outstanding contributions and service to his or her institution. Recipients must have worked for the institution for at least one year but no more than three years.
- Graduate Student Award – Awarded to the one recipient for outstanding contributions and service to their institution. Recipients should be a graduate student enrolled in their program for at least one year.
- KARH Student of the Year Award – Awarded to one recipient for outstanding contributions to his or her institution and the Kentucky Association of Residence Halls.
- KAHO Service Award – Selected by the Chief Housing Officer and awarded to one staff member from each member institution in recognition for outstanding service to his or her institution over the past year.
- Outstanding Resident Assistant (R.A.) Award – Selected by the Chief Housing Officer of a member institution and awarded to one R.A. from each member institution for outstanding service to his or her institution over the past year.
- SEAHO Corporate Scholarship – Awarded to two recipients in the name of KAHO and the two corporate associates making the highest donation toward the current year’s conference. The award will be up to $250.00 for each recipient and will be presented by the KAHO President and the two associates at the KAHO conference. The following criteria is considered in the selection of the two recipients:
- Need based on the institutions’ financial status for travel and professional development.
- First‐time SEAHO participant.
- Leadership role within KAHO.
- Involvement in professional organizations.
- Presenter at a KAHO conference.
- Published articles in the SEAHO Report, ACUHO‐I Talking Stick or other professional publications.
- Burt Horine RELI Scholarship Award – The Burt Horine Scholarship is awarded to two individuals to be able to attend the annual SEAHO Regional Entry Level Institute. The two ($250) scholarships shall be given at the annual KAHO Conference. Scholarships which are not awarded will be done so at the discretion of the Governing Council. All RELI participants shall present on their experiences at the following KAHO Conference.
One thought on “KAHO Annual Awards, Service Awards, and Scholarships”