Every year, KAHO awards scholarships to members in an effort to support opportunities to represent the state and their institutions at professional conferences and development opportunities.
Current KAHO Scholarships:
SEAHO Corporate Scholarship
Awarded to two recipients in the name of KAHO and the two corporate associates making the highest donation toward the current year’s conference. The award will be up to $250.00 for each recipient and will be presented by the KAHO President and the two associates at the KAHO conference. The following criteria will be considered in the selection of the two recipients.
- Need based on the institutions’ financial status for travel and professional development.
- First‐time SEAHO participant.
- Leadership role within KAHO.
- Involvement in professional organizations.
- Presenter at a KAHO conference.
- Published articles in the SEAHO Report, ACUHO‐I Talking Stick or other professional publications.
Recipients of the SEAHO Corporate Scholarship:
- 2017: Collin Bruner, University of Kentucky
- 2016: Russell Aivazian, University of Kentucky
- 2016: Lauren Doerner, University of Kentucky
- 2015: Ashley Gutshall, Transylvania University
- 2015: Jimmie Martin, Morehead State University
- 2014: Staci Chappell, Midway College
- 2014: Carmen Timmerding, University of Kentucky
- 2013: Alexandra Fields, University of Kentucky
- 2006: Kelly Rainey, Northern Kentucky University
- 2006: Benji Bryant, Morehead State University
- 2005: Elizabeth Liebschutz, Transylvania University
- 2005: James Thomas, University of Kentucky
- 2004: Michael Anthony, University of Louisville
- 2004: Michael McClellan, University of Kentucky
Burt Horine RELI Scholarship
The Burt Horine Scholarship is awarded to two individuals to be able to attend the annual SEAHO Regional Entry Level Institute. The two ($250) scholarships shall be given at the annual KAHO Conference. All RELI participants shall present on their experiences at the following KAHO Conference.
Recipients of the Burt Horine RELI Scholarship:
- 2017: Casey Roley, University of Kentucky
- 2016: Sarah Shelton, University of Kentucky
- 2016: Danielle Cartwright, University of Louisville
- 2015: Arielle Clark, University of Louisville
- 2015: Erin Edwards, Morehead State University
- 2014: Bryan Mathis, University of Louisville
- 2013: Miranda Thomas, University of Louisville
- 2013: Aleia White, University of Kentucky
- 2013: Nicolle Crawford, University of Kentucky
- 2012: Ashley Hagen, Affiliation Unknown
Information about recipients not listed here can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org